Absorbable monofilament suture
MonoPlus® is a violet long-term absorbable synthetic monofilament suture made of polydioxanone. MonoPlus® offers good handling combined with great strength.
Because of its slow degradation profile, MonoPlus® is ideal for all the indications where an extended wound support of more than 4 weeks is desirable.
- High knot tensile strength
- Outstanding strength retention for extended wound support
- Very flexible
- Pliable and easy to knot
- Smooth passage through tissue
- Orthopaedics (tendons, joint capsule)
- Paediatric cardiovascular surgery
- General surgery
- Abdominal wall closure
- Retention of 50% knot tensile strength after 35 days (bigger USP 3/0) and 28 days (smaller USP 4/0)
- Complete mass absorption in 180 to 210 days
Sizes available USP 7/0 (0.5 metric) to USP 2 (5 metric)