Protection gets everywhere
In addition to traditional skin suturing, surgeons can use a tissue adhesive. The tissue adhesive Histoacryl® consists of monomeric n-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate, which polymerises quickly in
connection with tissue fluid. Histoacryl® is available in two colours: translucent, special for facial application, and blue, which enables an easy control over the quantity applied.
The formation of esophageal and fundal varices is a common and dangerous consequence of portal hypertension. Effective sclerosation of these varices is possible with Histoacryl®. It can be employed for nonbleeding and for bleeding varices. Combined therapy with Histoacryl® and conventional sclerosation therapy is possible.
- Wound closure in one minute
- Anti-bacterial barrier protects the wound
- Storage at room temperature
- Excellent cosmetic results
- Easy-to-use procedure
- Closure of smooth and fresh skin wounds
- Non-traumatic mesh fixation in hernia repair
- Closure of skin in endoscopic incisions
- Sclerosation therapy of large esophageal and fundal varices
For further information please contact your B. Braun representative or mail to
e-mail: biosurgicals [at] bbraun [dot] com