Open-pore scaffolding prosthesis for peripheral autologous veins
ProVena is an open-pore prosthesis with "honeycomb-like" structure for an intraoperative external scaffolding of autologous veins. The desired length of ProVena is drawnover the autologous vein and adapts itself to the irregularities of the exterior vein tissue layers. ProVena stabilizes the vein and, thus, minimizes arterial stress, with the objective of improving the patency rate and reducing hyperplasia and the rate ofrestenosis.
- Unique product technology to stabilize autologous veins
- Better patency rate due to less induced intimal medial hyperplasia
- Homogenous adaptation of the external vein surface to ProVena
- Biocompatible material assures no immune reaction
- Narrow knitted filaments prevents fraying after cutting to the right length
- Scaffolding properties for a more defined lumen for less blood turbulences, and a reduction of wall stress for the native material
- Easy to use application set helps the surgeon preparing the hybrid graft as quick as possible to save procedure time
- Variety of different sizes, 4-10 mm, matches every indication
ProVena is indicated for the therapy ofarteriosclerotic diseases of peripheral arteries when using autologous vein bypass grafts. Since the envelope reduces the external caliber of the implanted vein, ProVena also enables the employment of varicose-ectatic veins in the absence of alternative bypasses.Basically ProVena can be applied at all (also healthy) veins to improve the patency rate.