Get in touch with the future
B. Braun Space GlucoseControl realizes reliable management of glucose levels in critically ill adults and pediatric patients (aged ≥ 2 years) with a significantly reduced risk of hyper- and hypoglycemia. With its intelligent dosage algorithm, the B. Braun Space GlucoseControl integrates Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition and exactly determines insulin rate and next sampling time – helping you to easily control complex work processes with minimized episodes of hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia and blood glucose variability to improve patient outcome.
Risks of Hyper- and Hypoglycemia during clinical nutrition therapy:
- Mediation Error: stopping of the nutrition/carbohydrate infusion without stopping the insulin infusion is a common medication error on ICU
- The time of the next blood glucose sampling interval is often forgotten due to stress and work overload, which can lead to severe hypoglycemia or blood glucose variability.
- Mistyping or wrongly entered decimal points are a common source of errors putting patient at high risk with inappropriate insulin rates.
- Documentation of the nutrition data as well as the insulin protocol are time consuming and may lead to false entries.
- SGC automatically gives an alarm to check insulin once the nutrition infusion rate is changed or stopped
- SGC automatically gives an alarm shortly before and at the calculated next sampling time
- SGC checks input variables such as glucose values for plausibility:
An integrated supervisor system for insulin rate and measurement intervals ensures reliable output to prevent hypo- as well as hyperglycemia.
- SGC reporting tool ensures all nutrition and insulin data are recorded:
- time of administration
- carbohydrate intakes
- blood glucose values
- total insulin dosage administered
- time to target
Fidmi Medical has developed a new, low-profile enteral feeding device (nutrition through a tube) that overcomes the drawbacks of existing solutions. Current feeding tubes are changed often due to clogging, degradation or dislodgement. The Fidmi PEG (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) device has a replaceable inner tube that keeps the feeding line fresh and prevents clogging. Its soft, stable internal structure prevents unexpected dislodgements. Upon removal, the internal structure gently disassembles to eliminate damage to the stoma tract and surrounding tissue, preventing unnecessary hospital visits and dramatically improving patient quality of life.
Enteral feeding is common in people who cannot receive nutrition and medication orally. Annually, there are approximately 1.3 million enteral device insertions worldwide, and some 3 million replacement procedures for blocked or dislodged tubes. The market seeks an enhanced enteral feeding device that stays securely in place and maintains tube patency during treatment for improved patient safety and reduced hospitalization costs.