Cervical disc prosthesis
activC® is the cervical disc prosthesis for a motion preserving treatment of degenerativ cervical disc disease. It is indicated for light to moderate degeneration of cervical disc with light to moderate changes of the disc, vertebral endplates, osteophytes and/or with fresh herniated disc. The specific motion pattern, physiological center of rotation and the shape of prosthesis-plates ensure the best possible adaption to natural anatomy and biomechanics of the patient for a fast reduction/elimination of pain/neurological deficits and a longterm preservation of motion patterns and the protection of adjacent levels.
- Safe anchorage and prevention of vertebral body splitting by the combination of spikes and keel and specific technique of keel preparation
- Improved primary stability and fast ingrowth for bone cells through Plasmapore® coating
- Fast and safe bonding between bone and prosthesis surface
- Natural motion pattern through shape and type of inlay/prosthesis, analogy between motion patterns of facet joints and prosthesis
- Good conformity with anatomy of vertebral body and improved primary stability by anatomical shape of prosthesis plates
- Safe and easy application in cases with narrow disc space through small height of prosthesis
- Flexible use in different grades of degeneration through specific designs
- Low risk of complication through safe materials and simple surgical technique
- Primary stability by a combination of spikes and keel.
- Secondary and primary stability by Plasmapore® coating.
- Radius of inlay adapted to mean values of normal distribution of anatomy.
- Anatomical shape of prosthesis plates.
- Smallest height with 5 mm.
- Different designs for indications with light to moderate degeneration.
- No risk for split of vertebral bodies.
- Solid materials (cobalt-chrome-molybdenum/high molecular polyethylene).
- Easy preparation of keel.
- Easy handling.
- Motion preserving treatment of degenerative cervical disc disease.
- Light to moderate degeneration of cervical disc with light to moderate changes of the disc, vertebral endplates, osteophytes and/or with fresh herniated disc.
- Age is limited by the maturation of epiphysis in young adults and the bone and healing quality in higher age.
- Current/Active: European Prospective Controled Multicenter Study; Clinical/Neurological Parameters; Independent Computer-assisted Radiological Evaluation.
- Abstract/Poster 421, SAS 2009: Functional Parameters After Cervical Disc Replacement: 6 Months Results of a Prospective Controlled Multi-Center Study; H-J Meisel, P Suchomel, J Stulik, S Kroppenstedt, J Antinheimo, J Pohjola, C Woiciechowsky, N Borm.
- Abstract/Poster 24, CSRS 2009: Functional Parameters After Cervical Disc Replacement: 6 Months Results of a Prospective Controlled Multi-Center Study; H-J Meisel, P Suchomel, S Kroppenstedt, P Stosberg, J Stulik, J Antinheimo, J Pohjola, C Woiciechowsky, N Borm.
Video activ® C
Cervical Disc Prosthesis
Video Surgical Technique activ® C
Cervical Disc Prosthesis
Video Live Surgery activ® C
Cervical Disc Arthroplasty 2-Level