The median access for cardiothoracic surgery
The Aesculap Heart XS Retraction System is a modular, flexible and universal sternum retraction system for open median sternotomy – applicable for surgeries with and without heart-lung-machine.
- Excellent exposure of OR field
- Swiveling blades adapt to individual anatomy of patients
- Fixation of accessories in every position along arms and bar
- Easy (re)position of accessories at any step of operating procedure
- Connecting clamps allow accessories variable, deep reach
- One retractor, four blade sizes
- Interchangeable blades – rigid or swiveling
- Seven different hooks and retractors
- Possibility of fixation of OPCAB accessories
In addition to the Heart XS Retraction System Aesculap offers a multiplicity of other sternum retractors for adults and children– in stainless steel or aluminum – as well as a mammaria retractor. Lateral retractors can be found under the chapter minimally invasive heart valve surgery.