Last year, B. Braun was celebrating the 150th anniversary of its world-renowned surgical division
Who would have thought in 1867 that people who had previously been unable to walk would regain their mobility thanks to artificial joints? That with the help of high-precision micro instruments, virtuoso clips could be placed inside the human brain to prevent life-threatening bleeding there? That doctors would be able to operate three-dimensionally in their patients' bodies with the aid of ultra-modern cameras? Or that surgeons would be able to navigate through the anatomy of their patients in a computer-assisted manner?The history of surgery is a history of positive border crossing. For over 150 years, Aesculap has been pushing forward the dynamics of this acquisition of knowledge with its innovative solutions.
In 1867 the blade smith Gottfried Jetter founded a small workshop for surgical instruments. By doing so, he laid the foundation for today's Aesculap products and the reputation of Tuttlingen as the "world capital of medical technology." Since 1976, Aesculap belongs to the B. Braun Group and is thus part of a family-run group with 60,000 employees in more than 60 countries. Its expertise flows into over 5,000 products as well as complementary services and consulting services. With this portfolio, B. Braun is a competent system provider which develops pioneering solutions for health in close consultation with customers.
B. Braun Melsungen celebrates Aesculap anniversary
150 Years Aesculap Products – Innovation thinking ahead