Easy and safe – every time
Regular monitoring of the blood glucose levels by blood sampling belongs to the inevitable procedures in diabetes treatment. B. Braun provides products to make this routine as easy, safe and painless as possible:
Typical steps of capillary blood collection
Twist off the protective cap of the lancet. Be careful not to touch the delicate tip of the lancet, because this may damage it. Screw the tip of the on again.
This comfort tip is adjustable to five different skin penetration depths:
- 1-2 for soft or thin skin
- 3 for normal skin
- 4-5 for thick or calloused skin
Hold the tip with one hand and pull the sliding sleeve with the other hand. When you hear a click, the spring is set and the device is ready for use.
Release the sliding sleeve. It returns automatically to its original position.
Place the lancing device on the side of a finger tip. Press the trigger and then move the device away.
Obtain the capillary blood sample.
More tips & tricks here.
Cleaning the lancing device
- Clean your lancing device regularly or whenever needed.
- Wipe the outside with water and mild soap.
- You may additionally unscrew the cap and clean it from the inside.
- Leave the lancing device to dry properly afterwards.