Renal Care Center Martorell
Additional info - Holiday Dialysis
Nearest Hospital: Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge
Dialysis equipment: Dialog +
Method of treatment: HD and HDF on line
Hotel Ciutat de Martorell
Avda Pau Claris s / n
08760 - Martorell - Barcelona
Phone: (+34) 937 745 160
Fax: (+34) 937 745 161
Located in the north of the Baix Llobregat, about 30 km from Barcelona, at the confluence of two rivers, the Llobregat, in the eastern part of the municipality, and Noya river, Martorell is the de facto capital of the northern area. The municipality has an area of 12.84 km² and close to 23,000 inhabitants.
- The pont of diable (Devil's bridge). Symbol of the municipality.
- Church of Santa Margarita. Visigothic, later rebuilt in Romanesque style.
- Castle Rosanes.
- Capuchin Convent. In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
- The Quadrilla. In March, the first Sunday after Carnival. Typical dance of Martorell, originally from the XVIII century.
- Spring Fair. In late April and early March. Held since 1422.
- Fiestas of El Pla. The celebrations of the district of El Pla are held during the first week of June. Organized by the Association of Neighbors, a festival of popular characters which features educational activities such as lectures, exhibitions and film forums with other recreational and cultural activities such as concerts, circus, Chill-Out, prom or children's workshops.
- Feast of Corpus. In June. Floral carpets, confections.
- Festival. On 15 and 16 August. In honor of the patron saint, Santa María. The celebration has been documented since 1032.
- Fiesta del Rosario. Weekend prior to October 17. Held since 1571, after the victory of the Christians at the Battle of Lepanto.
- Fiesta of Tiscar. Second Sunday of November. The celebration in honor of Our Lady of Tiscar, an adoration of Andalusian origin, worshiped in the chapel of Sant Joan Martorell since 1751.