Frequently Asked Questions
How to use Diveen®?
An applicator is provided in the box in order to facilitate the insertion of Diveen®. It can also be inserted without an applicator by pinching the Y base with the thumb and index finger. Always take care to leave the removal string outside the body.
2. Preparation of the device:
- Gently pinch the ring of the device & insert it into the applicator tube.
- Insert the push rod back into the applicator tube. Diveen® is now ready for insertion.
3. Insertion of the device:
- Insert the applicator tube into the vagina.
- Using the push rod, push the device into the vagina (just like a tampon applicator).
- Diveen® can also be inserted withour using the applicator
* Please read the product instructions carefully before use. Consult your doctor for advice on managing your incontinence.
Can the device get lost in my body ?
No, the inside of the vigina is too small for the device to get lost. The technology of Diveen® is same as a tampon.
If ever the string breakes, consult rapidly your doctor.
Do I have to remove the device when I go to the toilets ?
No, the device stays in the vagina, it holds in the vagina which is seperated from the urethra and the anus.
What are the use precautions that should be taken while using Diveen® ?
- Remove the device at night after one day of use.
- Do not use medications and the device at the same time.
- Clean only with water and a soap with a neutral pH. Do not use detergents or washing soaps.
Are there contraindications?
- Only to be used by adults from 18 years old.
- The device should not be used during pregnancy.
- After childbirth, wait for the complete healing of sutures and the last loss of blood before using the device.
- The device should not be used during your period.
- The device should not be used during sexual intercourse.
- If you are a virgin, seek for medical advice before using the device.
What shall I do if the removal cord breaks off ?
There is no risk to have this kind of issues, but in case, once the device is in place, if the removal string is not protruding from the vagina, try to withdraw the device by yourself or, if in doubt, talk to your doctor.
How many times can I use the applicator?
There is no contraindication against reusing the provided applicator. Before the insertion, read carefully the instructions for use.
How many times can I use Diveen®?
Each Diveen specimen should be used only twice.
What can I do if the device does not stay in place properly?
Diveen® is available in two sizes: Small and Medium; ensure that you have selected the appropriate size according to your body shape.
Should I sterilise the device before using it?
This is a non-sterile device and therefore it does not require sterilisation. In order to keep the product intact, clean it with neutral pH soap and water and ensure that your hands are clean before using the product.
Will the device stop completely my urine leakages ?
For an optimal use, we advise you to speak to a doctor before use.
What if I have forgotten to withdraw the device ?
The device is flexible and well tolerated and can therefore be forgotten. However, it is important to know for how long it has been in place. The device should be removed at night.