Remune™ – Your partner in the nutritional management of oncological patients
Remune™ is a partially balanced Food for Special Medical Purposes (FSMP) for the dietary management of disease-related malnutrition in patients with pre-cachexia or cachexia especially due to cancer or COPD and for patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Remune™ is a supplement to be used in addition to normal food or in combination with standard oral nutrition supplements (ONS).
Remune™ aims to increase the intake of polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil and vitamin D3 together with energy and protein in order to supply patients with sufficient amounts of nutrients which they may not get through their normal diet. Remune™ is not suitable as the sole source of nutrition.
A closer look at the content of Remune™ and its benefits
Dosage and Age groups: 2 units / day, unless otherwise specified by a clinician or dietician. Suitable for children > 4 years, adults and elderly.
Drink Remune™ directly out of the container with the provided straw or pour into a glass. Available in raspberry and peach flavor.
- Partially balanced
- Fruit-juice-based emulsion (86% fruit content)
- High content of EPA & DHA from fish oil (2000 mg / pack)
- High content of vitamin D
- High biological value whey protein
- Contains 9.6 g of protein / pack
- Smoothie-like, fresh and fruity taste
- Flavors: Peach and Raspberry
Nutritional details of Remune™
Compared to an isocaloric milk-based drink patients nourished with Remune™ showed:
- Potentially better survival in the subset of patients with pre-cachexia (post-hoc analysis, Fig. 1)
- No negative effect on tolerability of the platinum-based chemotherapy treatment1
- Good tolerability – numerical smaller number of adverse events compared to the comparator group (64 vs. 87 AE)1
- Increased omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) and vitamin D levels in plasma
Clinical study with Remune™ Laviano et al. Safety and Tolerability of Targeted Medical Nutrition for Cachexia in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Pilot Trial
|pdf (358.9 KB)||open|
1 Laviano A, Calder PC, Schols AMWJ, Lonnqvist F, Bech M, Muscaritoli M. Safety and Tolerability of Targeted Medical Nutrition for Cachexia in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Pilot Trial. Nutr Cancer. 2020;72(3):439-450.