Posterior Transarticular C1-C2 Screw Fixation according to Apfelbaum
The Apfelbaum C1-C2 fixation system is based on the classical Magerl technique for transarticular screw fixation. In contrast to the open technique, the Apfelbaum instrumentation enables the subcutanous transarticular screw insertion. Therefore, approach-related surgical trauma is reduced to a minimum.
- Minimally invasive, subcutaneous approach
- Reduction of approach-related surgical trauma
- Easy and protective guiding-tube-system
- Protection of the soft tissue during instrumentation
- Cervical collar is usually not needed
- C1-C2 screws, fully threaded, made of Titanium alloy
- Special instruments for minimal, subcutaneous access
- Complete instrumentation through guiding sleeve for safe preperation and precise implantation
Transarticular C1-C2 screw fixation in the presence of atlantoaxial instability.