Silver alginate dressings
Askina® Calgitrol®THIN is a thin layer ofionic silver alginate matrix. Soft and comfortable, it is well adapted for deep and difficult-to-dress wounds.
- Broad antimicrobial effectiveness(1)
- Immediate availability of silver ions(2)
- Sustained controlled release to the wound bed during use of the dressing(2)
- Tolerable and antimicrobially efficient(3)
- Easy to use and comfortable(4)
- No activation needed: ready to use
(1) Instruction for use: Askina® Calgitrol®Ag, Askina® Calgitrol® THIN, Askina® Calgitrol® Paste.
(2) Opasanon S, Magnette A, Meuleniere F, Harding K. Askina® Calgitrol® Made Easy. Wounds Internation 2012; 3(1). Available from www.woundsinternational.com
(3) TrialC, Darbas H, Lavigne J-P, Sotto A, Simoneau G, Tillet Y, et al. Assessment of the antimicrobial effectiveness of a new silver alginate wound dressing: a RCT. J Wound Care. 2012 Jan; 19(1):20-6.
(4) Wounds International. Using Askina® Calgitrol® Paste for the treatment of diabetic foot infection: case studies. London: Wounds International 3012. Available from www.woundsinternational.com
Askina® Calgitrol® THIN is indicated for the management of partial to full thickness wounds, stage I-IV pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, second degree burns and donor sites.
It is indicated for external use only and may be used in the management of infected wounds under medical supervision at the discretion of the physician.
|Askina® Calgitrol Thin||Size||Pieces/box||Article number|
|5 cm x 5 cm||10||6205510|
|10 cm x 10 cm
|10 cm x 20 cm
|20 cm x 20 cm
|20 cm x 40 cm
|30 cm x 30 cm
|40 cm x 40 cm||3||6204003|
Askina® Calgitrol - interview with a nurse