Activated charcoal super absorbent dressing
Askina® Carbosorb provides a combination of a superabsorbent wound dressing and activated charcoal. Most wounds have a slight odor, and malodor is the most distressing and socially isolating symptom associated with wounds. With Askina® Carbosorb, you can manage excess exudate and malodor at the same time and have therefore more time to care for your patients.
Box of 10.
- High exudate control: Moderate to heavy exudate is absorbed.
- Odor control: Activated charcoal adsorbs wound malodor.
- High level of retention: the risk of maceration can be reduced.
Askina® Carbosorb is made of six layers:
1. Hydrophilic wound contact layer
2+3: Two dispersion layers
4. Superabsorbent pad layer
5. Activated charcoal layer
6. Blue liquid-repellent backing layer