Askina® DresSil Sacrum is a self adherent foam dressing with a 1,5 cm border for simple use and more security. Its triangular shape suits well to sacral area.
With its soft silicone adhesive on one side and a vapor permeable waterproof film on the other, Askina® DresSil Sacrum combines the absorption capacity of the foam with the soft adhesion of the silicone contact layer:
- Protective polyurethane film: highly breathable – waterproof - bacteria barrier
- Hydrophilic foam layer: regulates moisture - soft and conformable - excellent absorption capacity
- Silicone adhesive layer: atraumatic - open structure to let exudates pass into the absorbent foam
- Gentle and secure adherence
- Minimized trauma during dressing changes(1)
- Significant absorption capacity
- Easy to use
- Good adaptability on difficult-to-dress areas and skin contours
- Repositionable: can be cut to shape
- Improves patient comfort
(1)Thomas S Atraumatic dressings. WorldWideWounds, 2003.
Askina® Foam Sacrum is indicated for the management of moderately exuding chronic wounds situated on sacral area. Askina® DresSil Sacrum may also be used for the prevention of skin breakdown.
Structure of Askina® DresSil Sacrum
1. Protective polyurethane film
Highly breathable; bacteria and waterproof barrier;
2. Hydrophilic foam layer
Soft and conformable; excellent absorption capacity;
3. Silicone adhesive layer
Safe adhesion to the surrounding skin with atraumatic removal; silicone layer is perforated to allow exudate to pass through to the foam layer.
|Askina® DresSil||Size overall dressing / foam island||Pieces/box||Article number|
|Sacrum||16 cm x 17.5 cm / 13 cm x 14.5 cm||5||5491605|
Traditional acrylic adhesive