Highly absorbing alginate dressing
Askina® Sorb is a sterile primary wound dressing made of fibers containing 85% of calcium alginate and 15% of carboxymethylcellulose (CMC).
When in contact with wound exudate, the alginate-CMC fibers are fast gelling, resulting from an ionic exchange between calcium ions from the dressing and sodium ions from the
exudate, so as to form a soft moist gel conducive to natural healing.
- Conformable and easy to apply
- High absorption capacity
- Forms soft gel which can be removed in one piece,
- Vertical absorption process: no lateral strike through, designed for avoiding wound edge maceration
- Atraumatic dressing removal
Askina® Sorb is indicated for the management of moderately to heavily exuding wounds such as:
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous and arterial leg ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Donor sites
- Trauma wound
- Dermal lesions