Local haemostatic agent
Gelita is made of pure gelatin and is completely absorbed. The haemostatic effect results from the adherence of the blood platelets to the surface of the sponge and the tamponade effect its swelling creates. Within a short period of time natural blood clotting takes place.
- Mouldable and Compressible 
- High absorption capacity : water uptake ≥ 35 fold its own weight.
- Absorbed within 4-6 weeks , 
- Not tissue-irritating 
- Can be used as carrier for thrombin , 
Gelita Tampon is indicated: 
- To stop venous-capillary or parenchymatous haemorrhage, when suture, ligature or electro-coagulation is not possible in:
- Orthopedic surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Hepatic surgery
- Ear nose throat surgery, and
- For filling dead spaces and/or control bleeding in dental coagulum.
 Determination of the compression and mouldable properties of Gelita Tampon according test RDR-DID-MLB-AJR-16191.
 Determination of water absorption for Gelita Tampon accoring test RDR-DIDMLB-AJR-16192.
 Broekema FI, Van Leeuwen MBM, Van Minnen B, Bos RRM. In vivo degradation of polyurethane foam with 55 wt % polyethylene glycol. J Biomed Master Res A.103(11):3666-75;2015.
 Mani M, Ebenezer V, Balakrishnan R. Impact of hemostatic agents in oral surgery. Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal. 7(1):215-219;2014.
 Based on biocompatibility tests performed according to the requirements of EN ISO 10993-1:2009/AC:2010
 Yao HHI, Hong MKH, Drummond KJ. Haemostasis in neurosurgery: What is the evidence for gelatin-thrombin matrix sealant?. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience; 20(349-356);2013.
 Masci E, Santoleri L, Belloni F, Bottero L, Stefanini P, Faillace G, Bertani G, Montinaro C, Mancini L, Longoni M. Topical hemostatic agents in surgical practice. Transfusion and Apheresis Science; No.45(305-311);2011.
 See Product Instructions for use.