Introcan® / Introcan® Certo is a peripheral IV catheter. It is a single-use device to generate intravascular and tissue access to sample blood, monitor blood pressure, or administer fluids and blood intravascularly. Introcan® / Introcan® Certo is also indicated for subcutaneous infusion therapies and 300 PSI power injector applications (18-24G).
The device can be used for all patients for which infusion therapy is prescribed. No gender or age related limitations. Introcan® / Introcan® Certo can be used for adults, pediatrics and neonates.
Double Flashback Technology - Confirms that both needle and catheter capillary are inside the vessel. First needle flash confirms needle is in vein, second catheter flash confirms catheter is in vein.
Universal Back Cut Bevel – Allows for a wide choice of insertion angles and is designed for minimal puncture trauma.1
Radiopaque Stripes - For a good visibility of the catheter capillary under X-Ray.
Power Injectable – Pressure rated for contrast media application at 300 PSI (18-24G).
IV catheter material available in PUR and FEP – PUR for a softer and more comfortable in-dwelling performance, FEP as alternative firmer material e.g. for arterial access.2
Not made with DEHP, Latex/Natural Rubber, PVC
Regional labels/article numbers for Introcan Safety®:
- Europe, former GUS countries, Turkey, Israel, Africa: Article code + Annex "-01"
- North America: Article code + Annex "-02"
- Asia / Pacific: Articlecode + Annex "-03"
- Latin America: Article code + Annex "-04"
- Suzuki, Toshiyasu, et al. "Differences in penetration force of intravenous catheters: effect of grinding methods on inner needles of intravenous catheters." Tokai J Exp Clin Med 29.4 (2004): 175-181.
- Maki D.G. Ringer M. Risk Factors for infusion-related Phlebitis with Small Peripheral Venous Catheters: A randomized Controlled Trial. Ann Intern Med. 1991 May 15; 114(10):845-54.