Non-absorbable monofilament suture made of polypropylene and polyethylene
Optilene® is a sterile non-absorbable monofilament surgical suture made of polypropylene and polyethylene. Available in blue for a better visibility.
Optilene® is offered with RacePack® and LongPack® packaging presentations to reduce the memory effect. Other special presentations, including PremiPatch® PTFE pledgets, are also available.
- Superior smoothness and smaller tissue drag than polypropylene sutures .
- Controlled knot run-down and proven reliable tensile strength [2, 3].
- Good handling endorsed by cardiothoracic surgeons .
- Lower memory effect than the market standard and high thread pig-tailing resistance .
- Reengineered pliability for good touch and controlled suture elongation in microsurgery sizes .
- Improved thread visibility for enhanced visual comfort .
Sizes available USP 10/0 (0.2 metric) to USP2 (5 metric)
 RTR/02/FF/1202/JLT-, PTR/02/FF/1202/JLT-R, PTR/02/FF/1202/JLT-G, Results of OPTICABG Study- Handling of the suture material.
 RDR/DID/MON/MAU/15191, RDR/DID/MON/MAU/16111, PTR/02/FF/1202/JLT-B, RTR/02/FF/1202/JLT-O, RTR/02/FF/1202/JLT-R, PTR/02/FF/1202/JLT-G
 Results of OPTICABG Study- Handling of the suture material.
 RDR/DID/MON/MAU/16111, RDR/02/FF/1628/JLT-A, RDR/02/FF/1628/JLT-B
 RDR-DID-MON-15191, RDR-DID-MON-MAU-16111, RTR/02/FF/1202/JLT-O, Results of OPTICABG Study- Handling of the suture material.
 PTR/22/1014/MAU, RDR/DID/MON/LFU/18084