High pressure resistant non-coring safety needle for long term infusion
Surecan® Safety II is B. Braun’s premium high-pressure resistant safety needle for access ports and is indicated for long term infusion of chemotherapy, total parenteral nutrition (TPN), antibiotic therapy, transfusion and blood sampling. The Surecan(R) Safety II is also available with Y-site and pre-connected Caresite(R).
The intuitive safety mechanism minimizes the risk of needlestick injuries and complies with the safety device guidelines of the European directive 2010/32/EU. The design of the bevel allows easy penetration of the needle into the septum while eliminating coring and facilitating the closure of the septum after removal of the needle. The power injectable Surecan® Safety II may also be used for injection of contrast media when CT scans are performed (maximum recommended pressure at 325 psi).
- Intuitive safety mechanism for minimized risk of needlestick injuries: confirmed visually and audibly
- Low profile and non-absorbant foam pad for better patient comfort and discreet appearance
- Transparent fixation base to ensure visibility of the puncture site and therefore allow an early identification of infections
- Flexbile and ergonomic wings for secure handling
- Suitable for power injections up to 325 psi (22.4 bar)
- MR conditional
- Latex and DEHP free
- Extension tubing with clamp
- Available with Y-Site and Caresite® needle free valve
- Tubing length cannula to connector: 200 mm
(Y-site configuration: tubing length cannula to Y-site: 105 mm, tubing length Y-site to connector: 98 mm)