The median access for cardiothoracic surgery
The Aesculap AtRactor Retraction System is a modular, flexible and universal sternum retraction system for all open median sternotomy – applicable for surgeries with and without heart-lung-machine.
- V-shaped retractor shanks fits perfect to the anatomical structure of the patient – reduce rib fractures
- One for all retractor for open median sternotomy (Bypass Surgery and Heart Valve Surgery)
- Rotating blades are flexibly adapted to the ribs in the opening process – reduce traumatisation of the tissue and bone structure
- Detachable crank allows more space during preparation
- Atraumatic Mammaria preparation – through derivation of the pressure from the sternum bone to the OR table
- Suture Holder Inserts enables an excellent fixation of the suture material
- One for all retractor
- Interchangeable blades – curved or straight
- Seven different hooks for heart valve surgery
- Possibility of fixation of OPCAB accessories
In addition to the AtRactor Retraction System Aesculap offers a multiplicity of other sternum retractors for adults and children – in stainless steel or aluminum. Lateral retractors can be found under the chapter minimally invasive heart valve surgery and rib retractors.