Non-absorbable monofilament suture made of polypropylene and polyethylene
Optilene® is a sterile non-absorbable monofilament surgical suture made of polypropylene and polyethylene. Available in blue for a better visibility.
Optilene® is offered with RacePack® and LongPack® packaging presentations to reduce the memory effect. Other special presentations, including PremiPatch® PTFE pledgets, are also available.
- Top level consistent tensile strength
- Excellent surface and smoothness
- Controlled knot run down
- Small tissue drag; Reengineered elasticity
- Controlled suture elongation
- Increased pliability
- Good handling and knot tightness
- Improved thread visibility
- Low memory effect
- CV Pass and CV Pass EasyBlack needles
Sizes available USP 10/0 (0.2 metric) to USP2 (5 metric)
- Cardiovascular surgery
- General soft tissue approximation