Orthopaedic surgical instrumentation for tangible benefits
Intuitive & Quick – under this theme, the new IQ instrument platform for Aesculap knee systems was developed by Aesculap. The IQ platform offers functionality, precision, ergonomy and efficiency in the OR.
- Safe and correct assembly.
- Routine processes are facilitated by uniform handles, coupling and colour coding.
- Femur (red)
- Tibia (blue)
- General instruments (yellow)
- The reduction of the instrument volume leads to a higher work efficiency in the operating room as also in the preparation.
- Addressing of different philosophies, e.g Tibia or Femur First, intra- or extramedullary orientation, minimal invasion or standard access.
- Reduction of OR-steps via simplified and reduced instrumentation.
- Workload reduction for the OR-team and for the employees in the CSSD (Central Sterilisation and Storage Department) via lower modularity and through instruments that are easy to handle.