Soft silicone sheet for scar management
Askina® Scar Repair is a soft silicone self-adhesive occlusive sheet. It is designed for prevention of hypertrophic scars and keloids, as well as for management of existing scars.
The occlusive properties of Askina® Scar Repair allow to maintain optimal level of skin hydration. This influences positively the healing process beneath the skin surface and prevents the formation of excessive scar tissue.
- Prevents the formation of excessive scar tissue proven to the most efficient non-invasive scar treatment (1) .
- Reduces redness, itching and the feeling of tension.
- Makes the scar smoother and improves skin elasticity.
- Easy to use: thin and comfortable, it can be used for different anatomical locations.
- Cost effective: Washable and reusable.
- Offers limited sun protection.
Askina® Scar Repair is indicated for the management of hypertrophic and keloid scars and can also be used in closed wounds for prevention of hypertrophic or keloid scarring after surgery.
Askina® Scat Repair is recommended for the management of scar resulting from:
- Closed surgical wounds
- Closed traumatology wounds
- Caesarean section
- Burns following reepithelialization