Suprapubic puncture sets based on Seldinger technique
Cystofix® SG is a range of four puncture sets that offer additional safety to suprapubic catheterization thanks to the:
- Well known Seldinger technique, widely used in central venous catheterization1) and percutaneous nephrostomy.2)
- 18g puncture needle (1,3 mm) much thinner than most SPC trocars and cannulas (that can be up to 8 mm)
Cystofix® SG comes along with a wide range of exchange sets that allow long term suprapubic drainage when needed.
The set includes:
- Long handle scalpel
- Smooth color coded shape dilator from CH10 to CH16 allowing choosing the size which best fits the patient
- Silicone catheter with integrated low profile balloon
- For easier removal with reduced risk of cuffing.3)
- For easier insertion at catheter replacement (no ridge).
- Can be replaced repeatedly as appropriate over long periods of time4)
- Seldinger guide wire with flexible tip
- 18g (1,3mm) puncture needle of 12cm length that is much thinner than most SPC trocars and cannulas (which can be up to 8mm).
- Syringe for balloon Inflation
- 20 ml syringe for injection of anesthetic
Exchange sets from CH10 to CH20
Sets for suprapubic catheterization. Suprapubic catheterization contributes to the prevention of Nosocomial UTI. “There is a lower rate of infection in those with a suprapubic rather than urethral catheters despite the former being used for two weeks or longer.”5)
(1) Seldinger SI. Catheter replacement of the needle in percutaneous arteriography; a new technique. Acta radiologica. 1953; 39 (5): 368–76
(2) Radecka E. Complications associated with percutaneous nephrostomies. A retrospective study. Acta radiologica. 2004; 45(2):184-8
(3) Robinson J. Suprapubic Catheterization: Challenges in changing catheters. Br. J. of Cummunity Nurs, 2005 Oct; 10 (10) : 461-464
(4) Cottenden A et al. Management Using Continence Products. In : Abrams P et al. (Eds) INCONTINENCE - Fifth International Consultation on Incontinence (ICI), vol. 20, page 1750. Paris 2012
(5) Geng V et al. 2012 Evidence-based Guidelines for Best Practice in Urological Health Care : Catheterisation - Indwelling catheters in adults - Urethral and Suprapubic. EAUN. Page 14.
Video Cystofix® SG
Product presentation video