Vertebral Body Replacement System
A simple yet comprehensive cervical VBR System that was designed to provide tactile feedback, initial stability, and sagittal balance restoration.
Spikes provide initial stability. The oval anatomic shape and waffle pattern increase surface contact while the central hole and fenestrations accommodate bone in-growth.
All these features are thought to work in concert to create a positive bone modeling response for long term fusion and stability.
- The Aesculap® Modulift® VBR System is used for partial or total replacement of a collapsed, damaged or unstable vertebral body in the cervical spine (C3-C7).
- The Aesculap® Modulift® VBR System is used with supplemental
spinal fixation systems.
- The Aesculap® Modulift® VBR System may be used with bone
Surgically installed implants serve to support normal healing processes. They are not intended for use either as replacement for natural body parts or to bear loads over the long term in the event the healing process is incomplete or slow.
Use for the following indications:
- Anterior correction of spinal defomities
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative instability
- Post-traumatic instability
- Spinal tumors
 Internal Mechanical Test Report. Empirical Testing Corp. ASTM F2077, F2267, and Expulsion Testing of the Modulift Testing. Colorado Springs. 2013.