Silicone wound contact layer dressing
Askina® SilNet Plus is a primary dressing used as a wound contact layer that allows exudate to pass into an absorbent secondary dressing. It is made of a knitted polyester fabric coated with silicone adhesive on both sides, preventing the dressing from sticking to the wound surface while adhering safely to the surrounding skin.
- Prevents the dressings from sticking to the wound, minimal epidermal stripping
- Atraumatic dressing change
- Allows passage of exudate through the dressing to a secondary dressing
- Either side can face the wound
- Can remain in place and provide protection for up to 14 days, as the secondary dressing can be changed without damaging the Askina® SilNet Plus wound contact layer
- Suitable for use under compression bandage
- Conjunction with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT)
Askina® SilNet Plus is indicated for nil to heavily exuding chronic and acute wounds with appropriate secondary dressing. The dressing maybe used throughout the healing process on:
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous and arterial ulcers
- Skin tears
- Surgical incisions
- 2nd degree burns
- Partial thickness skin grafts
In comparison with similar wound contact layers available in the market the Askina® SilNet Plus is shown to be more extensible, therefore making it more conformable and subsequently easier to apply to difficult areas to dress.
Silicone wound contact layer
Askina® SilNet Plus allows exudate to pass into an absorbent secondary dressing. The silicone creates a layer between the secondary dressing and the skin surface which allows the secondary dressing to be removed while minimizing trauma, pain, or damage the delicate new tissue at the wound margin. On the skin, the dressing will provide secure adhesion with minimal epidermal stripping or pain on removal.
1) Chart reference AMS data on file P2772
|Askina® DresSil Border Lite||Size overall dressing | foam island||Pieces/box||Article number|
|5 cm x 7,5 cm||10||5185710|
|10 cm x 10 cm||10||5181010|
|10 cm x 20 cm||10||5181210|