Ultrasound Probe Cover Set
EZCOVER®. Because infection control matters. Infection prevention and control are key priorities in the healthcare setting. Although ultrasound is considered one of the safest imaging modalities, infection transmission risks during ultrasound are evident.1 The use of a sterile sheath and gel for interventional ultrasound is an important way to prevent cross-contamination and reduce the risk of healthcare-associated infections.2
“Dedicated transducer covers and sterile gel must be used for all interventions” (Recommendation of the European Society of Radiology Ultrasound Working Group)
EZCOVER®. Improved protection for patient, user and equipment.
EZCOVER® are sterile, latex-free and ensure maximum protection for the patient, the user and the equipment. EZCOVER® are suited to all sterile and non-sterile ultrasound applications.
Easy to fit and convenient to use. The telescopic folding allows for sterile application. Clear instruction labels on the cover decrease the risk of errors and misuse.
Image quality without compromise. The high-quality material of the soft sleeve emulates the properties of human tissue. The elastic material facilitates wrinkle and air free application for distortion free scanning.
All sets include
- Ultrasound probe cover - available in different sizes (W x L) - 15 x 30 cm - 15 x 61 cm - 15 x 122 cm - 15 x 244 cm
- Sterile ultrasound gel (1 x 20g)
- Latex-free rubber fixation bands (2 x)
- Blue sterile drape (30 x 30 cm)
- All versions optional available with STOP Safety Shield
- Approved for intraoperative use
- Reduces risks of procedural errors (STOP Safety Shield)
EASY TO FIT – CONVENIENT TO USE
- Improved handling
- Elastic material – conforms to all probes
- All necessary components for immediate use in one set
- Soft and comfortable material
- Wrinkle and air-free fit
- No compromise in image quality
NEW! Stop before you block.
Wrong site nerve blocks (WSNB) are classified as never events. A nation-wide patient safety campaign in the UK called “Stop before you block” is aimed at reducing the incidence of inadvertent wrong-sided nerve blocks during regional anesthesia.3
EZCOVER are available with STOP Safety Shield label. The sticker reminds the practitioner to STOP immediately prior to the start of the procedure and to conduct a final confirmation on the right surgery site and side of the block.
- Assures compliance with the WHO Checklist (JCI Standards IPSG4 and IPSG.4.1)
- Reduces risks of wrong sided blocks
1 Sartoretti T, Sartoretti E, Bucher C et al. Bacterial contamination of ultrasound probes in different radiological institutions before and after specific hygiene training: do we have a general hygienical problem? Eur Radiol. 2017 Oct;27(10):4181-4187
2 Nyhsen CM, Humphreys H, Koerner RJ et al. Infection prevention and control in ultrasound - best practice recommendations from the European Society of Radiology Ultrasound Working Group. Insights Imaging. 2017 Dec;8(6):523-535