Normal Saline Flush Syringe
Omniflush® is a normal saline I.V. flush syringe for flushing of compatible intravenous tubing and/or indwelling access devices.
The ready-to-use flush system contains sterile solution and fluid path (QC002, SAL 10-6) and is packed inside a single unit tubular bag.
- Elimination of sharps injury
- Reduction of microbial contamination
- Reduction of particle contamination
- Reduction of medication error
- Increases process efficiency –less preparation steps compared to manually prepared syringes
- Helps to decrease the risk of catheter occlusion/thrombus formation
- Reduction of unintended blood reflux
- Reduction of flushing pressure compared to 3ml or 5ml syringes and thus reduction of catheter rupture risks
- Possibility to reduce the flushing volume to a patient´s individual minimum
- Helps to determine if a catheter occlusion is forming
- Improves visual inspection of the solution
- Elimination of PVC, DEHP and Latex related risks
Available in different filling volume sizes (3ml, 5ml and 10ml) all supplied in a 10ml syringe.
1.Flushing vascular access catheters: Risks for infection transmission by Lynn Hadaway, RN, C, MEd, CRNI. Infection Control Resource 2007, Vol. 4 No. 2
2.Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice, Journal of Infusion Nursing, Supplement to January/February 2016, Vol. 39, No. 1S
3.S. Keogh et al., A Time and Motion Study of Peripheral Venous Catheter Flushing Practice Using Manually Prepared and Prefilled