You have successfully logged out.
Convex bags may help to avoid stoma leakages
The purpose of a convex ostomy bag system is to ensure a good seal of the appliance to the surrounding skin to prevent stoma leakages, which is one of the most frequent challenges in stoma care.
1) Cronin E. A guide to the appropriate use of convex stoma care products. Gastrointestinal Nursing. 2008; 6:(2)12-16 https://doi.org/10.12968/gasn.2008.6.2.28803
2) Hoeflok J, Kittscha J, Purnell P. Use of convexity in pouching: a comprehensive review. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2013 Sep-Oct;40(5):506-12. doi: 10.1097/WON.0b013e3182a219b7
3) Hoeflok J, Salvadalena G, Pridham S, Droste W, McNichol L, Gray M. Use of Convexity in Ostomy Care: Results of an International Consensus Meeting. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2017;44(1):55-62. doi: 10.1097/WON.0000000000000291
4) Data on file: Clinical evaluation report: CER-OC-03 Ostomy appliances; V3; 2021-03-09.
5) Data on file: R&D Report N° CR1479 Evaluation of the flexibility of 1-Piece Convex systems; BB4DEV35 CR1479 Eval Souplesse PCT Convex Concurrentsrevue CGA-EN; V1; 2022-05-10.
6) Data on file: Report on Flexima®/Softima® Key post-marketing user evaluation. Lukas Schaumann. 2005-03-23
7) Evans, M & White, P. Selecting convexity to improve and maintain peristomal skin integrity. Br J Nurs. 2020 Sep 0;29(16):S8-S14. doi: 10.12968/bjon.2020.29.16.S8.