You have successfully logged out.
Anyone can experience a burn. Depending on the severity of the injury, different treatment approaches are required – ranging from first aid to specialized treatments at dedicated burn centers.
Every year, about six million people around the world seek medical treatment for burns.(1)
B. Braun offers different products which support the prevention of biofilm and wound infection, promote wound healing and help to preserve the patient’s quality of life. The faster the wound healing proceeds, the better the long-term aesthetic and functional outcome of your patient will be.
Highly viscous gel with moistening effect
1) Tian H, Wang L, Xie W, Shen C, Guo G, Liu J, Han C, Ren L, Liang Y, Tang Y, Wang Y, Yin M, Zhang J, Huang Y. Epidemiologic and clinical characteristics of severe burn patients: results of a retrospective multicenter study in China, 2011-2015. Burns Trauma. 2018 May 23;6:14. doi: 10.1186/s41038-018-0118-z. PMID: 29850643; PMCID: PMC5964711.
2) Peck M, Molnar J, Swart D. A global plan for burn prevention and care. Bull World Health Organ. 2009 Oct;87(10):802-3. doi: 10.2471/blt.08.059733. PMID: 19876549; PMCID: PMC2755313.
3) Jeschke MG, Chinkes DL, Finnerty CC, Kulp G, Suman OE, Norbury WB, Branski LK, Gauglitz GG, Mlcak RP, Herndon DN. Pathophysiologic response to severe burn injury. Ann Surg. 2008 Sep;248(3):387-401. doi: 10.1097/SLA.0b013e3181856241. PMID: 18791359; PMCID: PMC3905467.
4) Gacto-Sanchez P. Surgical treatment and management of the severely burn patient: Review and update. Med Intensiva. 2017 Aug-Sep;41(6):356-364. English, Spanish. doi: 10.1016/j.medin.2017.02.008. Epub 2017 Apr 26. PMID: 28456441.
5) Greenhalgh DG. Management of Burns. N Engl J Med. 2019 Jun 13;380(24):2349-2359. doi: 10.1056/NEJMra1807442. PMID: 31189038.